IMPORTANT! Whatever information is in the "Shipping Fields" upon checkout will be the fields used for your license registration with Microsoft. If you are an IT professional and you are purchasing for a client of yours, please be sure to put your client's information in the shipping fields. ...and don't worry - we never contact our customer's clients for any reason. It is just for registration purposes.
Once your order is placed with us, we will then register your order directly with Microsoft. Your license will be released to you in the form of an "Open License Order Confirmation", which is your official proof of ownership. This document includes your license authorization and agreement numbers, and a link to Microsoft's website where you can manage your license and/or download software and/or obtain your product keys for installation/activation.
Windows Embedded Standard is a modular operating system that provides enterprises and device manufacturers the freedom to choose which capabilities will be part of their industry devices and intelligent system solutions. Windows Embedded Standard features technologies to create rich, multi-touch experiences that keep customers engaged and employees informed and productive, as well as lockdown tools to ensure it's targeted, secure and consistent. Windows Embedded Standard provides the same security features and functionality as Windows, but in a modular form for solutions that address your business needs. Encrypt and protect data if a device is lost with Bitlocker, Bitlocker To Go and other features. And with Applocker, Trusted Boot and Write filters, you maintain control over which apps load on a device and which capabilities the user can access. Windows Embedded Standard also makes it easier to integrate a device solution into your company's network, while reducing the additional overhead with compatible Microsoft identity and access-management technologies.
This item is through the MICROSOFT OPEN LICENSE PROGRAM
Key things to remember:
- All open license agreements must be started with a minimum of 5 licenses or have a Reorder (authorization) number
- Many products qualify to ignore the 5 license minimum, check product list to confirm
- OLP Licenses with Software Assurance (OLP+SA) counts as 2 licenses
- Any product with "OLP" in the title means that you and/or your company will be registered directly into Microsoft's Open License Program licensing system when you place an order. This is a perpetual license that will remain attached to the account it was assigned to.
- If your product has "SA" in the title, that stands for "Software Assurance". Microsoft's Software Assurance program gives you automatic access to new technology and provides productivity benefits, support, tools, and training to help deploy and use software efficiently. With Software Assurance, you receive the most recent version of the software at any time during the two-year agreement, or you can downgrade to previous versions of the software as well. you receive access to new versions of licensed software released during the term of your agreement to deploy at any time. This is not a perpetual license and needs to be renewed.
- If your product has "OLP+SA" in the title, that stands for a combination of the "Standard Licensing" and "Software Assurance". This will allow you to have a Perpetual license on the product originally purchased but will also give you the ability to utilize the Software Assurance features and benefits for the next 2 years. Microsoft's Software Assurance program gives you automatic access to new technology and provides productivity benefits, support, tools, and training to help deploy and use software efficiently. With Software Assurance, you receive the most recent version of the software at any time during the two-year agreement. You do not have to renew the Software Assurance once it expires.